Sunday, January 16, 2005

baby got back...

so i'm back in the lou. no, not the toilet. the city. you may think this does not affect you but truth be told my being back here affects you fine folks in more ways than one. here are a few examples of how my location will change _words...

1. no more complaining about how there is nothing to do in laredo
2. no more overly elborate stories about hockey or the stanley cup
3. it's st. louis. it's winter. it's cold. so no more weather reports. although it did snow a bit last night, the really pretty kind. just flurries, but in the light...sorry. no weather reports.
4. a-town refreshed my memory as to who i am so i've got a new lease on life so to speak. so hopefully, that'll lead way to some serious creative juice flow. well at least for a week or so until i get lazy again.

and here are a few things that won't change even though i'm back...

1. i still babble. like a brook. that is how you spell brook isn't it? the girl's name is what has an e at the end right? actually i knew a guy named brook once. no, wait that was brooks. i think. hmmm. i should double check on the spelling.
2. i still stu-u-tt-te-r. ok no i don't. nor have i ever. but i think it'd be kinda cool if i did. i'd make people call me stuttering stanley. you can call me that anyway if you want. then people will be like, it doesn't sound like she has a stutter. then i can say 'i got better.' but in a british accent. (i'll love you forever if you get that movie reference...hint: think newts)
3. i'm still a nerd. minus the pocket protector of course. i got rid of that after santa brought me my sweet new fanny pack.
4. random is still my middle name. not literally. i'd hate my parents if it was my real middle name. can you imagine?
5. i'm still awesome. (and i love justin timberlake)


2 Comments:

At Monday, January 17, 2005 5:34:00 PM, Blogger Shane said...

"What makes you think she is a witch?"
"Well, she turned me into a newt."
"A newt?"
"I got better."
--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

I love British humor. So, where's my prize?

 
At Tuesday, January 18, 2005 11:50:00 AM, Blogger jbgrinch said...

Glad you got home safe! I guess that you watch all the MP reruns on pbs and that I as an older person have forgotten most but not all of that as I have grown old just dont go overboard or Ill have to bone up again!

jeremy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home