Monday, February 14, 2005

this day in history...

to me valentine's day is just another day. i'm not jaded or biter. i just don't really ever celebrate it. to prove my point here is a quick review of some valentine's gone by...

2004...ted comes to visit me from colorado. drinks and entire bottle of scotch and proceeds to pass out on my lap by 10pm.

2002...the girls plan a night of dinner and drinking. dinner reservations were at 730, i had to work until 7, which means i had 10 minutes to get ready. in the nearest dorm bathroom. which just so happened to smell completely like vomit.

2000...eddie informs me his "ex-girlfriend" is going to be moving down from canada and living with him. because she was having "family problems". family problems my arse*. wench* stole my man! well i guess technically he was hers first, but whatever!

*i know these words don't flow nearly as well as real swear words, but i'm trying to salvage my lenten vow any way i can.


1997...flowers and candy from the long-distance boyfriend. and a surprise visit. what a sweetheart. too bad i was never attracted to him enough to wanna make out with him. poor guy.

1993...move to colorado from michigan. that's how i've always dreamt of spending a holiday. moving from the only home you've known to arrive in a place where your only friends are your siblings and you're ostracized for having a midwestern twang.

1990...i have no idea what happened this year, but i assume there were big paper hearts, doilies and all sorts of candy involved. what else is there when you're 9?

1984...mark rosier takes my sister behind the bushes to play a game of "i'll show you mine if you show me yours." i bust them. and tell my mom.

ok i don't know if that last one was actually on valentine's day, but mark did take my sister behind the bushes and i did run and tell mom. i was so that annoying little sister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home