Wednesday, December 01, 2004

girlfriends hate me...i'm ok with that.

i've always had more male friends than female friends for a number of reasons, but as i've gotten older my circle of female friends has grown significantly. however, one thing remains unchanged. girlfriends hate me. even after girlfriends become ex-girlfriends they still hate me. it's a rare talent i have. without ever meeting me or really even knowing anything about me, they dislike me. simply because i'm friends with their boyfriend (and usually have been for a long time). the funniest part to me is that the girlfriends who have taken the time to get to know me like me. and they are the girls that boys have kept around. i'm not saying whether a girlfriend is friend's with me determines whether or not a boy will keep her around, but what i am saying is that the way i see it, the girls who are mature enough and secure enough in who they are to embrace their boyfriend's friends (male or female) are the girls the boys keep in the long run. gentlemen, if i'm mistaken in this assumption please feel free to correct me, but in my humble opinion, there's something to be said about a girl with confindence. in herself and in her boyfriend.


3 Comments:

At Thursday, December 02, 2004 5:31:00 PM, Blogger jbgrinch said...

Just you wait, Wifes and husbands are just as bad. I have a number of female friends and it drives my wife to the edge. And my female friends boyfriends and husbands can be very catty about their wifes hanging or working for me. You would think that after getting old like I am and having all the issues that middle age brings it would be obvious that NO ONE WOULD WANT ME!

jeremy

 
At Saturday, December 04, 2004 4:52:00 PM, Blogger Sam said...

They hate you because you are desirable.

 
At Sunday, December 05, 2004 11:50:00 PM, Blogger Anonymous said...

I know the feeling girl! arg arg arg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home