Saturday, November 27, 2004

michigan = higher education

i thought it was only fair that since i shared a few things i learned while in detroit for ross & kelly's wedding [link] i should also share some things i learned while in my mom's home town of alpena for the holidays...

  • it's alpena...there are no choices.
  • my family is loud
  • and likes to talk all at once
  • about completely different things.
  • wearing a bra makes your breasts grow
  • according to my dad i've been wearing one since i was 6 months old
  • there is a woman out there that personalizes romance novels
  • my uncle asked me for personal info about my parents so he could order one for my mom for xmas
  • that's weird.
  • snow + sun + snow again = oh so slippery.
  • in tawas, 27 degrees is appropriate weather to wear shorts
  • as long as you pull your socks up.
  • alpena supposedly has the 2nd largest walmart in the nation
  • or the state
  • no one could quite remember which.
  • if your birthday is near thanksgiving expect your cake to be a pumpkin pie
  • if you buy a bottle of wine but no one in your extended family drinks wine be prepared to drink the entire bottle yourself
  • and have a headache when you wake up in the morning.
  • as much of a madhouse 13 people in my aunt's kitchen may be i'm very thankful for my family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home